Imagine yourself hosting a party that guest keeps talking about even after they have left. What would make it so successful? Is it the food or are there secret ingredients that make for a successful party?
A party is usually a social event where people socialize and is usually characterised by eating, drinking and socializing.
A party is usually characterised by the above but what makes some parties memorable?
Secrets Ingredients to Throwing a Successful Party?
- Guest: The total number of guest and their complexity can either break or break your party. When planning a party, people usually start to think of the food first or the venue.
Unfortunately, they forget to consider that the people they really are planning this party for – their guest.
Make sure that your guests are the first thing you consider before you make any other plan. You want to have a handle on the total number of people you are inviting. Having an over populated party will make the place rowdy and people can suddenly become restive.
Too few people at your party and the space become too big, guest feels swallowed up.
Another thing to consider when thinking about your guest is the complexity of the combination of the guest are important. Are they of the same age group? Do they share the same interest or they have varied interest? What is their personality type?
- Music: Music is the live and soul of every party. Consider the type for music you want to play? Is it a music your audience will resonate with?
Depending on the type of party you are throwing, sometimes you want some music in the background. Other times, the music are meant to be played at certain intervals.
If background music is going to be used, make sure that the music is not interfering with conversations around the table. Background music should be just loud enough so people can hear it without distracting them from their conversations.
- Activity: People who go to parties usually do not remember a lot of things but one thing they will remember is the activities or the fun they had.
You must have a good plan for all the things that will take place at the party. Is it an outdoor party, then plan games that fit for outdoor activities?
If your party is indoor, the make sure that the games are indoor games.
Make sure your party is full of activities that will get your guest fully involved. Plan your activities around their age, personality type and available resources.
- Theme: To theme or not to theme? A greatly successful party must be themed. Picking a theme for your party helps you to make proper plans and give ambience to your party.
- Party Essential List: No matter what you do, there are some great essentials that every party must have.
I will suggest you start with this:
Decorations – balloons
Food- cakes, ice-cream and delicious foods
Cameras – to keep memories
Extra chairs and table – you don’t want to have your guest standing
Prizes for games – nothing makes it more fun when winners of games get prizes to take home with them.
Throwing a great party is not as difficult as a lot of people are meant to believe. With a little spice of the above, you can throw a successful party that keeps people talking.